Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Landing--If I may expound. I bet the captain wishes he could have that one over.
After my near death experience last week in CO-notice how that story is growing - the landing in GUA wasn't all that bad. My friend Keith Mattox compares it to hitting a large unexpected pot hole at a high rate of speed. Today it was all of that plus some. For an instant we thought a Nascar 360 was in order.

Do You Have Any Money?

If you are going to have dollars to spend while in GUA one must either send a wire or carry it on their person. Normally we wire but this time circumstances didn't allow so the latter was in order. Carrying a small fortune, at least to a poor Guatemalan, for construction material, team ground fee, food, pastor support, etc., made me a bit nervous.
Exiting the plane I thought to myself--self, just get through customs, collect the luggage and walk out the door, be greeted by Edson and Edurardo,-load the trailer and leave- all safe and secure.
With this large team I had rented an extra van and knew I would need go and do paper work and collect the van. What I didn't know is that I would be walking 5 blocks to get there. All ended well but I must admit I was way out of even my comfort zone.

Ely and Rosa:

The first week after chemo is the hardest. My heart breaks to watch my brother and friend suffer. Rosa stays by his side and she watches and prays. I ask you to continue to remember them.

It's Sunday!

Oh how we experienced the power and presence of our Lord today. Pastor Stacey preach the Word and God moved in many hearts including mine. The Lord is so very good.
We arrived at the coast by dark and worked until 10p. The team, very diverse talent wise, will start work around day break. We have a challenging week ahead and appreciate your prayers.

Thanks for listening-All glory and honor to the Lord. Jesus loves me this I know- that's enough for me.

In His service--Lewis

No comments: