Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thursday, March 25, 2010-Heartbreak Hotel


Dubbie giving candy to a child in LLano Grande






Road to LLando Grande where we delivered food to many







Lunch at Palo Gordo 2 on Thursday








Pastor Francisco and his wife











Pastor Franciso's 2 daughters and a friend





We are back at the coast it's 86 degrees at 9p, the team is very tired but no one complains.

Today, Thursday, March 25, we headed out to bless more pastors with food in the mountains. Praying, with these men of God, is an amazing experience and once again the blessing was ours.

They may be poor but they know a much deeper faith than most believers that I know, including myself. They literally live each and every day by faith.

In the morning we visited villages El Pariso and Tierra Blanca. Tierra Blanca is another 1200 ft higher in the mountains and our van could not make it. We crowded into the 4x4 and continued on. PRAISE GOD for this truck! Both visits blessed our hearts beyond.

Pastor Edilberto, at Palo Gordo and his family cooked chicken on the barbeque for our lunch. It was a wonderful meal and time of fellowship.

After lunch we visited three more villages, Las Lagunas, San Andres and El Naranjo.

We walked into a dirt floored shack, at San Andres, where Pastor Francisco, his wife and two daughters were. I prayed Dear Lord, please don't let this be their home.

Looking down at the floor you could still see the fresh broom marks in the compressed dirt, dampened from the mountain air. The card board walls will do little to provide protection from the cold and the rain. I tried not to imagine what staying here would be like, especially during winter.

Two small beds and a few plastic chairs made up the furnishings. There simply was nothing else, my throat became tight and my heart heavy.

I tried to keep my emotions intact but holding my composure was proving to be difficult. I saw Ely began to cry. I went outside to give the children some small toys trying to place my thoughts elsewhere.

Before leaving I returned back inside. I had to know, was this their home? There was no food except what we had brought and some bags of corn.

Finally I posed the question, was this their home? As I heard Pastor Fransisco say yes my composure was gone. The truth was too painful to bare. I walked ahead of the team trying to hide my emotions. Little did I know that tears flowed from all as we walked away.

It was a quiet ride down the mountain. In our own private thoughts we were one. We simply can not leave this family living in this condition.

Lewis

No comments: